Friday, October 31, 2008

Halloween 2008 in Misawa

Happy Halloween! My pirate, my motor cross driver (How great is that--Noah wanted to be the EXACT same thing he was last year!), and my little red power ranger.Here are the boys getting ready to go over to our friends' house (Thanks Carla and Keith!) for a Halloween dinner before trick or treating. The weather wasn't too cold, just a little windy, and lucky for us, it sprinkled for a few minutes around 5 pm, but stopped by 6 pm, and then it started raining again around 8:45 tonight. Perfect timing! If you haven't heard about trick or treating on base, it is crazy! The Japanese don't do trick or treating (for the most part, although I guess it is gaining a little popularity now), so all the Americans who live off base come on base, and the base also sponsors BUSLOADS of Japanese kids onto the base so they can experience and American halloween! And, we are also allowed to sponsor Japanese friends on base, so there are just a ton of people, both kids and adults. It really is quite a sight! I would say during the busiest half an hour, I easily gave out 100 pieces of candy. I didn't buy nearly as much as I did last year since Chris wasn't here to pass out candy, but I still ran out! The boys had a lot of fun, but it was so crazy that it was hard to keep track of the kids, and I didn't get nearly enough pictures as I had wanted to...but here is another pic of the boys with our friends, the Millers. Unfortunately, Noah Miller has his eyes closed!



No comments: