Friday, October 3, 2008

Christian's "war" pics



Poor Chris, after being stuck in Singapore for 3-4 days, he then got stuck in Diego Garcia, a small island in the middle of the Indian Ocean, operated by the U.S. military. Here he is at the beach with two other guys from the squadron.
After renting a boat, they were able to go out and fish, and the Club cooked it up for them for dinner!

The view from Diego Garcia. The funny thing: these pictures were sent to me from one of the spouses, whose husband sent them to her (thanks Hillary!). Note I didn't even hear from Chris the entire time he was in Diego Garcia...feeling guilty, perhaps? Seriously though, I am glad they were able to have a little fun and relaxation before getting to their final destination, since the entire squadron had been working their tails off up to the deployment. But can't he look a *little* miserable, just to make me feel better? I haven't heard from him in a few days, so right now I have no idea where he is...stay tuned!

No comments: