I forgot to mention, everything the boys have must be labeled with their name at school...every article of clothing, bag, crayon, toothbrush, sock and shoe, and of course, it must be in Japanese! I've gotten pretty good at writing the boys' names now. When I dropped them off, and Ian was taking off his regular shoes, the teacher made a little gasp when she saw that they were not labeled; I had simply forgotten. Mind you, the boys have a specific cubby to put their shoes, and I knew Ian would recognize his own shoes, but it was definitely a gaijin (foreigner) moment! I assured her that they would be labeled tomorrow!
On another note--I did hear from Chris. He did make it closer to his final destination, but is not yet there. Hopefully within the next few days. He did have a nice little vacation in the middle of the Indian Ocean for a few days...renting sailboats, fishing, and relaxing.
No comments:
Post a Comment