Sunday, February 22, 2009
A little late night run in with the dresser...
I knew I should have gone to bed earlier...Friday night I had my first visit to the urgent care clinic. It was 11:30, and I was just crawling into bed. Had my PJs on, brushed my teeth already, even had my night mouth guard in my mouth, ha. I somehow tripped (just call me Grace) and hit my slightly open bottom dresser drawer. And boy, did it hurt like the dickens (yes, I know I am a wimp)! I thought, now that is going to leave a huge bruise, and when I was writhing in pain on my bed, I looked down and saw blood. I pulled up my pajama leg, and there was a big gash about 3-4 inches long right below my knee on my shin. I won't get into gross details! Me being a (very tired) nurse...I freaked out. I called my neighbors and they ran over. And of course, we were in the middle of a blizzard at the time! Tami checked on the boys, and Ken brought me to the urgent care. 3 hours and 3 layers of stitches later, I was back at home. Unfortunately, I am not able to drive for a few days since the sutures are very near my knee, and can't risk popping them open. I was feeling sorry for myself since Chris is still not home and will just have to manage with the boys, but I know it could have been much worse. The best thing is my friends! Friends and neighbors have helped out with the boys, shoveled the tons of snow, and brought us dinner. Friends are also going to be chauffeuring us around the next few days, and taking the boys to and from school. What would I do without them?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment