Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Japanese school open house

Last week I had a chance to observe Alex and Ian in school. It was great fun! Here are a few videos of the boys during the school day. The first one is of Alex saying the prayer they say before lunch. The second one is of Ian saying his prayer, and the first part they are saying good morning to their Sensei (teacher) and otomodachi (friends). Then Ian is picked to lead at the front of the class when they sing their songs. The classrooms are very cute, and each room has its own piano for singing. Not exactly sure what else they are saying, I'll have to ask Yokosan, our Japanese babysitter and translator! As you can tell, both boys enjoy being filmed, so they were not paying full attention to what they were doing. But both boys really enjoy school, and I really like it, too.


Alex's craft...a rolling mouse
Ian working on his art project

No comments: